Hillview club to install International standard lighting for tennis courts
A South Tipperary sports club has been granted permission for a major upgrade of their facilities.
The Borough Council has given the green light to Hillview Sports Club for work at their centre in Clonmel.
Originally established in 1939 as a tennis club in 1939 Hillview expanded to include pitch & putt in 1955.
They now have ambitious plans to reconstruct six existing tennis courts with the addition of International Tennis Federation standard lighting.
The planning permission also includes the construction of an ITF championship grade tennis court.
Two mini-tennis courts will form part of the expansion at their base on the Mountain Road in Clonmel.
Flood lighting will also be provided on nine holes of the pitch & putt course while a children’s play area and skittles area will also be developed.