The Taoiseach confirmed this evening the most of the restrictions currently in place will be lifted at 6am tomorrow.
The following has been confirmed:
- 8pm closing for hospitality to end.
- Capacity restrictions to be removed for all indoor events and weddings.
- Capacity restrictions removed for outdoor events including all sporting fixtures.
- All restrictions on nightclubs to be removed including social distancing
- Table service to be removed
- Restrictions on household visiting to be removed
- The need for Covid passes within hospitality will no longer be in operation
The restrictions that will remain are:
- Covid passes for international travel
- Masks to continue to be worn until the end of February
The return to the office for many working from home will begin from Monday.
The advice with regards to close contacts and positive cases will remain the same but will have a review date at the end of February.
Financial supports were also being reviewed today. An extension of the current rate of the PUP payment will remain until March 8th 2022. The rate will change to€208 from this date.