Notice is hereby given that Tipperary County Council has prepared a draft Local Authority Climate Adaptation Strategy in accordance with the provisions of The Climate Action and Low Carbon Development Act 2015 and the National Adaptation Framework (NAF), 2018.
Climate change is recognised as a global challenge with policy responses required in terms of both mitigating the causes of climate change and in adapting to the inevitable consequences of our changing climate. The Climate Adaptation Strategy represents a proactive step by Tipperary County Council in the process of adaptation planning to build resilience and respond effectively to the threats posed by climate change.
Purpose of the Strategy:
The Climate Adaptation Strategy takes on the role as the primary instrument at local level to:
- ensure a proper comprehension of the key risks and vulnerabilities of climate change
- bring forward the implementation of climate resilient actions in a planned and proactive manner and,
- ensure that climate adaptation considerations are mainstreamed into all plans and policies and integrated into all operations and functions of Tipperary County Council.
Accompanying the draft Climate Adaptation Strategy is:
- A Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) Screening Report in accordance with the SEA Directive (DIR 2001/42/EC) and pursuant to European Communities (Environmental Assessment of Certain Plans and Programmes) Regulations 2004 (SI 435 of 2004 as amended by SI 200 of 2011) and,
- An Appropriate Assessment (AA) Screening Report in accordance with the requirements of Article 6(3) of the EU Habitats Directive (Directive 92/43/EEC).
A copy of the draft Climate Adaptation Strategy, the SEA and AA screening reports may be viewed on the Councils’ website: http://www.tipperarycoco.ie/climateaction
or inspected during the period (4 weeks) from Friday 12th July 2019 to Friday 9th August 2019 at the following locations during normal business hours:
- Tipperary County Council, Civic Offices, Limerick Road, Nenagh, E45, A099
- Tipperary County Council Civic Offices, Clonmel E91, N512
- Nenagh MD, Civic Offices, Tipperary County Council, Limerick Road, Nenagh, E45, A099
- Clonmel Borough District, Tipperary County Council, Civic Offices, Clonmel E91, N512
- Carrick on Suir Municipal District, Civic Offices, Carrick on Suir, E32 YV00
- Thurles Municipal District, Civic Offices, Castle Avenue, Thurles, E41, KA44
- Tipperary -Cahir-Cashel Municipal District, Civic Offices, Rosanna Road, Tipperary Town E41, KA44
- Libraries: Borrisokane, Cahir, Carrick on Suir, Cashel, Clonmel, Cloughjordan, Killenaule, Nenagh, Roscrea, Templemore, Thurles and Tipperary Town.
The Climate Adaptation Strategy, SEA screening report and AA screening report may also be viewed on the Government Public Consultations Portal at https://gov.ie/consultations
Making a Submission:
Submissions or observations may be made:
- Online Here
- Complete Climate Action Form and e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Using the Climate Action form in writing to Ms Marion O’ Neill, Senior Executive Officer, Tipperary County Council, Environment & Climate Action, Civic Offices, Clonmel, Co. Tipperary E91, N512.
Submissions or observations should state your name, address and where relevant the organisation/body etc. represented. Please make your submission by one medium only i.e. email or Online or post/hard copy
Any written submissions or observations received within the timeframe will be taken into consideration before finalising the strategy. You are invited to make written submissions/ observations in respect of the draft climate adaptation strategy and the accompanying SEA and AA screening reports.
Tipperary County Council will treat all personal data as confidential and will retain data for no longer than is necessary for the purpose of this Climate Adaptation Strategy and in accordance with the Tipperary County Council’s Retention Policy and relevant Data Protection legislation.
Ms Marion O Neill
Senior Executive Officer
Environment & Climate Action Section
Tipperary County Council