Thurles Lion’s club have a proud tradition of fundraising. This year, they have launched their Vintage and Classic Car Show to be held in St. Patrick’s College in Thurles to be held on May 8th from 12PM to 5PM. Admission is €5 and all are welcome
The event itself promises to be a great family day out with a wide range of events for all interests. Speaking to Tipperary Timse, Eamonn Medley of Thurles Lions Club wanted to thank the host venue. “St Patrick’s here in Thurles is a great venue. The college were more than accommodating and were delighted to assist us in organising this great event”.
Eamonn went on to speak about the various attractions which will be present on the day. “We have a wide range of events on the day which will cater for families and people of all ages”
A list of some of the attractions on the day includes:
- Numerous vintage and classic cars and tractors.
- “Kitty Kiernan Car” – 1916 Model T originally belonging to Larry Kiernan,
brother of Kitty Kiernan who was finance of Michael Collins. Now on
exhibition after 35 years of restoration.
- Ford Armoured Car on exhibition by the Defence Forces.
- Autojumblers from all over the country including Northern Ireland.
- Artists Fare – More than 15 local artist exhibitions.
- Artisan Food
- Bouncy Castle
- Obstacle Course
- Carousel Roundabout for Children
- “Hook a Duck”
- Fun Train Rides around the grounds of St. Patrick’s College.
- Face Painting
- “Wanderly Wagon”
- Fortune Teller
- “Mo Chara” Dog Show.
- 1916 Exhibition.
- “A Taste of Syria” – Syrian coffee and cakes.
- Vintage Fairground Organ.
- Tipperary Entrant in 2016 Rose of Tralee – Fiona O’Sullivan.
- Monster Raffle
o 1st Prize – 48” High Density 4K TV valued at €800 – thanks to Ronayne Hardware
o 2nd Prize – A set of 4 Tyres to value of €400. – thanks to Lyons Tyres & Dunlop-Goodyear Ireland.
o 3rd Prize – €200 Travel Voucher – thanks to Bowe Travel.
o Numerous other prizes.
o Tickets €2 each or 3 for €5.
- Numerous Other Attractions.