Additional funding of €19,694 has been allocated to County Tipperary for the Community Enhancement Programme. This is ring-fenced for small capital grants for Men’s/Women’s Sheds.
• Consistent with the CEP arrangements, the application process for this ring-fenced funding will be administered by LCDCs.
Some points regarding this fund are outlined below:
• Only Men’s Sheds that are affiliated with the Irish Men’s Sheds Association can apply for this funding. There is no equivalent national affiliation for Women’s Sheds which causes difficulty in defining them, but we will consider the following when deciding whether a group that applies is a ‘Women’s Shed’ and is eligible for funding; a) If they are affiliated with another parent association, b)There must be an appropriate organisational structure to the Shed, c) The number of number of members of the group should be considered, d)The group should demonstrate that their ethos consistent with the ethos of the Men’s Shed movement.
• This funding should, insofar as possible, be allocated in an equal manner across Sheds’ that submit valid applications. The €19,694 available is €1,300 per Shed. This is merely a guide, not all Sheds might apply, some might apply for a smaller amount, and some might apply for funding for an unsuitable project.
• Unsuccessful applications made by Sheds under the Community Enhancement Programme should be considered for this ring-fenced fund.
• An Application Form and Terms & Conditions are found below.
• The closing date of 4pm on 27th August 2019 will be strictly adhered to.