CLÁR 2019 Measure 1 – Support for Schools/Community Safety Measures
Tipperary County Council is seeking expressions of interest (project overview) in respect of support for schools/community safety measures projects under the terms of the CLÁR Scheme recently launched by the Department of Rural and Community Development, and which the Council could consider for submission to the Department.
CLÁR (Ceantair Laga Árd-Riachtanais) is a targeted investment programme for rural areas that aims to provide funding for small infrastructural projects in areas that experience disadvantage. The aim of CLÁR is to support the sustainable development of identified CLÁR areas with the aim of attracting people to live and work there.
This Call for Expressions of Interest relates solely to Measure 1: enhancement Support for Schools/Community Safety Measures.
Please refer to the 2019 Scheme Outline for more detailed information. The Scheme Outline and full details and the Expression of Interest template are available on www.tipperarycoco.ie.
Any application must adhere to the following requirements:
• The project is based in a CLÁR area – Maps and lists of the CLÁR areas in County Tipperary are attached
• Match funding is available and ringfenced for the project
• All necessary permissions are in place and proper procurement procedures are adhered to
• Evidence of ownership/lease is available (if applicable)
• The project conforms to the the LECP and/or other local or regional plans, and
• No funding has been allocated for the same project from any other sources.
How to express an interest?
Please submit your proposal by 12.00 noon on Friday 29th March 2019, either by post to: CLÁR Scheme Measure 1 2019, Roads Department, Civic offices, Limerick Road, Nenagh, Co .Tipperary. or by e-mail to: [email protected]
Your submission must be submitted using the Expression of Interest template (Project Overview Form).
All expressions of interest will be assessed by the Council and a maximum of 12 proposals can be selected for County Tipperary, including those put forward by the Council itself, for development into detailed applications to the Department. It is the Department who will make the final decision on selection and approval of projects to be funded.