The reasoning for this is the surge in cases of Covid-19 cases which are presenting to the emergency unit in recent weeks.
Yesterday, UHL decided to move to its highest level of escalation, this means that prioritization is being made for emergency and time-critical care for those who are the sickest.
Other hospitals that are under the UHL Group are also being affected, this includes Nenagh Hospital who have also introduced restrictions this week.
Those patients who are be affected will be contacted by the hospital to reschedule appointments and procedures in due time.
The appointments in UHL which will continue are:
- Cancer services (oncology and haematology day ward; haematology and oncology outpatient clinics; medical oncology clinics; rapid access clinics for breast, lung and prostate)
- Breast radiology
- Heart Failure Clinic (ANP clinic) and Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Clinical Age Assessment Unit (Blood pressure, Syncope, Falls Unit, DEXA Unit)
- Rapid Access Medical Unit (DVT, diabetes, epilepsy, anticoagulant, warfarin, respiratory, fibroscan)
- Nurse-led outpatient clinics
- Dermatology outpatients
- Bronchoscopy outpatients
- Cardiology diagnostics
- OPAT (outpatient therapy)
- Fracture Clinic
- Paediatric outpatient clinics