Templates by BIGtheme NET
Home » Community » €9.6 Million for 60 new homes in Tipperary

€9.6 Million for 60 new homes in Tipperary

Cllr Seamus Morris welcomes the €9.57 Million funding for Tipperary County Council to construct 60 homes

Cllr Seamus Morris of Nenagh has welcomed the announcement that over €9.5 million is to be allocated to Tipperary County Council for the construction of new homes in the county.

In a statement to Tipperary Times, Cllr Morris stated:

“I would like to welcome the €9.57 million euros which has been announced to be used for a number of social house construction projects in Tipperary. I am particularly pleased that €1,436,935 has been dedicated to constructing 9 social housing units of various sizes in Mulkear View in Newport.

Mulkear View has plenty of potential and I commend Tipperary County Council for putting this project forward along with the town park project which is now one step nearer thanks to this announcement. I want to commend the people of Newport for their patience. I would ask Tipperary County Council to think outside the box when allocating these units as I feel that young families who are earning just over €35,000 but yet cannot get on our council list should be thought of otherwise they are condemned to a life of renting.

I would also like to say that I am aware of housing needs right across the Nenagh Municipal area and I feel that where Tipperary county council owns land we should be putting forward proposals for further funding . For instance Tipperary county council has recently purchased 40 acres of land for housing at Streame in Nenagh and I would like some social housing included in the Master plan for the area.”

About Paddy Ryan

Paddy is your run of the mill, mild mannered lad from Tipperary. His love for sport and competing has brought him to Vienna and Padova as well as many other places to take part in marathons. Paddy loves writing about local politics and current affairs as well as claiming to be a sports guru. Paddy set up the Tipperary Times to bring fresh relevant information to the people of Tipperary and those who have left the green pastures of the Premier County but still want to know whats happening at home.