Noel Coonan TD Welcomes HSE Service Plan for Tipperary

Tipperary TD Noel Coonan has welcomed the HSE Service Plan published this morning Thursday. The Fine Gael TD outlined the capital infrastructure due to take place in Tipperary in 2015 as a result of the plan.

“The extension of Borrisokane Primary Care Centre is expected to be fully Operational in Q1 2016. Included in the plan is the provision of two new theatres at Nenagh General Hospital adjacent to the existing theatre department in Q1 2015,” explained Deputy Coonan.

“Meanwhile South Tipperary General Hospital will benefit from an extension of radiology department to accommodate a CT and future MRI in Q4 2015. HIQA Compliance will take place in Our Lady’s Hospital in Q3 2015.”

“I want to thank my Fine Gael colleague Health Minister Leo Varadkar for prioritising Tipperary projects and acknowledging my representations for the advancement of each facility. In particular, I have been pushing for the development and opening of Borrisokane Primary Care Centre since I was a member of the Regional Health Board in 2009. I never gave up the fight for the centre and have been working in the background for this to come to fruition. “

timthumb

“The Service Plan acknowledges that after many years of significant reductions, there is a modest increase in funding in 2015. It will allow for Programme for Government commitments to be met including extension of BreastCheck and GP Care without fees for the oldest and youngest in society, the under 6s and over 70s.

“This plan is based on maintaining the existing level of service plus some targeted improvements. It sets out how we intend to address the issue of delayed discharges, to which the Government has allocated €25 million. It has been possible to increase the budget for Fair Deal, with an extra €10 million available. Some €35 million has also been provided for mental health in 2015 bringing to €125 million the amount of funding prioritised for mental health since 2012,” concluded Deputy Coonan.