TIPPERARY EARLY PAYMENT SCHEME FOR RATES 2016
Tipperary County Council has agreed to support small and medium businesses operating in County Tipperary by reducing the amount of rates payable if the rates are paid in a timely manner.
A 5% reduction may be applied, as a financial support, to occupiers of commercial properties with total annual Commercial Rates bills of up to and including €5,000 in 2016, subject to a number of terms and conditions.
A reduction of €250 may be applied, as a financial support, to occupiers of commercial properties with total annual Commercial Rates bills between €5,000 and €10,000 in 2016, subject to terms and conditions.
Terms and Conditions of the Scheme
Applicants must occupy a commercially rated property in County Tipperary and meet the following criteria:
- Fully completed Application Form to be returned by 30th April 2016
- Total commercial rates invoice(s) must amount to a maximum amount of €10,000 in 2016
- The Commercial Rates (including arrears) relating to the relevant account must be paid in full by 30th September 2016 – this date applies if using any payment method other than Direct Debit
- Applicants paying by Direct Debit are eligible provided the commercial rates account is paid in full by 31st December 2016
- Applications must be made online at www.tipperarycoco.ie, or in writing to SME Support Scheme, Tipperary County Council, Revenue Section, Civic Offices, Limerick Road, Nenagh, Co. Tipperary.
- Reduction of 5% of the 2016 rates, up to a maximum of €250, may be deducted from the rates payment.
- Eligibility for the scheme, and the appropriate reduction, will apply to the overall amount due where a single customer has more than one rates account.
- Final Decision on Eligibility for scheme rests with Tipperary County Council
- Accounts where the total 2016 commercial rates charge is more than €10,000
- Vacant Property
Dates to Remember
Applications to participate in the Scheme must be submitted by 30th April 2016
Applications for qualifying accounts must have the commercial rates and any arrears paid in full, less the support value, by 30th September 2016 – this date applies if paying by any method other than Direct Debit. Accounts paying by Direct Debit must be paid in full by close of business 31st December 2016.